TAKE FLIGHT ACADEMY OF PERFORMING ARTS
This Privacy Notice outlines the manner in which Take Flight Academy collects, uses, maintains and discloses information collected from users (each, a “User”) of the www.takeflightacademy.co.uk website. This privacy notice applies to the Site and all products and services offered by Take Flight Academy of Performing Arts
WEB BROWSER COOKIES
Take Flight Academy takes all advised precautions to protect any and all submitted and stored data, however Take Flight Academy accepts no responsibility for loss of data caused by persons with malicious intent, computer attack or infection.
Personal identification information
We may collect personal identification information from Users in a variety of ways, including, but not limited to, when Users visit our site, register on the site, fill out a form, and in connection with other activities, services, features or resources we make available on our Site. Users may be asked for, as appropriate, name, email address, mailing address, phone number. Users may, however, visit our Site anonymously. We will collect personal identification information from Users only if they voluntarily submit such information to us. Users can always refuse to supply personal identification information, except that it may prevent them from engaging in certain Site related activities and the activities of our Academy.
Non-personal identification information
We may collect non-personal identification information about Users whenever they interact with our Site. Non-personal identification information may include the browser name, the type of computer and technical information about Users means of connection to our Site, such as the operating system and the Internet service providers utilized and other similar information.
The Data Controller is Take Flight Academy of Performing Arts
Directors: Stevie Tate-Smith (Stevie Tate-Bauer) and Leanne Panni
PURPOSE OF DATA COLLECTION
Data is collected for a variety of purposes:
• Business Administration
• Monitoring marketing effectiveness
• Facilitate a response to queries
• Pre-entering data to office systems to expediate sign up processes
• Improving our services and systems, as well as to allow us to provide requested services
• To improve customer service. Information you provide helps us respond to your customer service requests and support needs more efficiently.
• To process payments. We may use the information Users provide about themselves when placing an order only to provide service to that order. We do not share this information with outside parties except to the extent necessary to provide the service.
• Marketing: Use of photo and video images collected by Take Flight Academy of Performing Arts where express consent has been granted
• To run a promotion, contest, survey or other Site feature
• To send Users information they agreed to receive about topics we think will be of interest to them
• To send periodic emails. We may use the email address to send User information and updates pertaining to their order. It may also be used to respond to their inquiries, questions, and/or other requests. If User decides to opt-in to our mailing list, they will receive emails that may include company news, updates, related product or service information, etc. If at any time the User would like to unsubscribe from receiving future emails, we include unsubscribe instructions at the bottom of each email or User may contact us via our Site.
Personal – any data which could be used to personally identify an individual. Including names, DOB, postal address, telephone/email, IP Address
Personal & Special – Medical information
Non-personal – Browser name, the type of computer and technical information about Users means of connection to our Site as well as data which has been anonymised.
Consent & Processing Special Data
Parental permission is required for data of children under the age of 16. Explicit consent is requested upon submission of sensitive, children’s data or special data such as medical information or to use photos and video of children for promotional material/purposes. Parental consent for both is requested as part of our Enrolment process. It should be noted that a decision not to provide important medical information or to give your consent to us taking photos/videos of your child will seriously impair our ability to deliver our services/curriculum and you may wish to reconsider whether you want to enter into a contract with us.
Data requested during the Enrolment process is needed in order to prepare and enter in to a contract and for the fulfilment of that contract.
Non personal data collected automatically used for statistical research, direct response to queries.
Sharing your personal information
We do not sell, trade, or rent Users personal identification information to others. We may share generic aggregated demographic information not linked to any personal identification information regarding visitors and users with our business partners, trusted affiliates and advertisers for the purposes outlined above. Information may be handled by 3rd party Data Processors (Business Partners) on our behalf.
Our business partners are:
– Thinksmart Software Ltd
– Quick Books Ltd
– Live It Group Ltd (‘Book It Bee” Ticket/Event Website)
Data stipulated below may also be passed to:
• Local Council Authority – Body of Persons information and Performance Licence Application requires Names/Address/DOB
Business Partners must attest that they also comply with all current legislation and GDPR.
• No data sharing is done internationally
How we protect your information – Data Retention & Security
We adopt appropriate data collection, storage and processing practices and security measures to protect against unauthorised access, alteration, disclosure or destruction of your personal information, username, password, transaction information and data stored on our Site.
Sensitive and private data exchange between the Site and its Users happens over a SSL secured communication channel and is encrypted and protected with digital signatures.
• Personal Data is stored for a period of 30 Days after you withdraw your child from our Academy. Data may be anonymised and stored for longer periods to facilitate business review and development
• Personal Data stored online or offline is protected by password and encrypted
• Special Data (medical information) is deleted within 30 Days after you withdraw your child from our Academy
• Data Transmission occurs only when necessary, only data required for the task is used, and transmission is conducted through SSL.
Third party websites
Users may find advertising or other content on our Site that links to the sites and services of our partners, suppliers, advertisers, sponsors, licensors and other third parties. We do not control the content or links that appear on these sites and are not responsible for the practices employed by websites linked to or from our Site. In addition, these sites or services, including their content and links, may be constantly changing. These sites and services may have their own privacy policies and customer service policies. Browsing and interaction on any other website, including websites which have a link to our Site, is subject to that website’s own terms and policies.
Right to withdraw Consent:
The User has the right to withdraw consent at any time. This request must be submitted electronically to email@example.com. The request will be also passed by RTSL to any 3rd party data processors. Take Flight Academy of Performing Arts will remove or anonymise all stored data from all systems within 21 working days. Should the right to withdraw consent relate to use of images please include as much information & URL Links as possible in order to help with the request.
Right to complaint:
Should you believe Take Flight Academy of Performing Arts to have not acted in a fair, proper and safe manner regarding personal data you may submit a complaint the supervisory authority
The Information Commissioner’s Office
Water Lane, Wycliffe House
Wilmslow – Cheshire SK9 5AF
Tel. +44 1625 545 745
Rights listed below are explained in detail here
You have the right to
• access to a copy of the information comprised of your personal data;
• object to processing that is likely to cause or is causing damage or distress;
• prevent processing for direct marketing;
• object to decisions being taken by automated means;
• (in certain circumstances) have inaccurate personal data rectified, blocked, erased or destroyed; and
• claim compensation for damages caused by a breach of the Act.
Changes to this privacy Notice
Your acceptance of these terms
By using this Site, you signify your understanding of this policy. Express consent for use of special personal data is requested at point of submission. We do not store or track IP addresses with the exception of firewall blacklisting for security purposes.
If you have any questions about this Privacy Notice, the practices of this site, or your dealings with this site, please contact us at our registered business address: Take Flight Academy of Performing Arts, 37 Netherby Road, London SE23 3AL.
This document was added on 13 June 2018